Friday 28 October 2011

Halloween Cartoons – Pumpkins



Posted: 18 Oct 2011 06:00 AM PDT
Being a cartoonist, I love the fun artsiness of carving pumpkins. I'm not a huge fan of scooping out the the stuff, washing them, cleaning them up when they're done, or, really, anything else, but I love carving them.
So, with All Hallow's Eve fast approaching, I thought I'd share a few of my favorite Halloween cartoons about pumpkins!


Halloween Cartoon #6143 by Andertoons
Being a cartoonist means always having that 1% of your brain awake and on the lookout for stuff to have fun with. This cartoon came from seeing my basketball in my garage. It was set in such a way that the seams lined up and sort of looked like a pumpkin.
Then it was just a simple matter of creating young love gone awry. Easy!


Halloween Cartoon #5946 by Andertoons


I love mixing different things together in my Halloween cartoons. Often I'll combine nursery rhymes, business jargon, pretty much anything to see what happens.

For this cartoon I was looking for a way to combine two holidays. I started with the leprechauns and their pot of gold, then started thinking of other holiday items as a substitute. It wasn't long before a pumpkin stood in, and then it took a bizarre turn into the business world.

Writing is weird like that sometimes.


Halloween Cartoon #5335 by Andertoons

I do lots and lots of tech cartoons. The businessman in me will tell you it's largely because they sell well, and that's true, but mostly it's because I'm a huge nerd and I have a weak spot for the latest gadget.

So when emoticons really took off and were widely understood, this cartoon wasn't far behind.


Halloween Cartoon #4106 by Andertoons

It struck me one year while carving with the kids that whatever emotion we chose for the pumpkin was it. And suddenly that's a lot of pressure!

Do you want a happy one? Angry? Mournful? Philosophical? Whatever I choose, this pumpkin is stuck. Good thing this therapist is there to help.

Well I think I've scooped about as much out of these pumpkin cartoons as I can. Feel free to browse all of my Halloween cartoons!

(BTW, don't miss last week's Halloween cartoons about witches!)

New Cartoons Up! – 10/18/11
Posted: 18 Oct 2011 05:46 AM PDt

Business Cartoon #6331 by Andertoons

No comments:

Post a Comment